Monday, June 2, 2008

"Life is full of sweet sweet things I want to do some tasting...."

So sang Boney M of yesteryears. Have you ever felt that way? Have you ever felt that there's so much to do but one life is simply not enough for it?? Just the other day I was telling my significant other that maybe I should've been an actor... "Why?", was the surprised response.... to which I replied... "At least that way I'd get to play so many different roles..!" Well, I was speaking lightly then, but honestly, I so often feel that there's so much I want to do but its just too much.. You wonder what I could want that seems too much for one life? Ok here goes:
  • I want to be a successful lawyer (no, I don't have a degree in law)
  • I want to be a jazz pianist (I play two simple tunes with just one hand)
  • I want to play a drum kit as well
  • I want to own a profitable business
  • I want to go deep sea diving (for someone who barely swims!)
  • I want to sing professionally
  • I want to be a stage actor
  • I want to be a columnist
  • I want to be a counselor to troubled teens
  • I want to do a travelogue
  • I want to write a cook book someday
  • I want to take my sketching to a serious level
My list can go on for quite a bit... you see, some of them might be doable if I pick a few from the list. But anything more than a few just cannot be done! And when you live in a big messy metropolitan where distances are huge and the traffic is disastrous, even signing up for a few things becomes that much harder... add to that a full time job and family.... you get the drift? No. Don't get me wrong... I'm not the kind to sit and bemoan my fate, etc... I'm a high octane person who tries to make the most of every minute...but sometimes I do feel that life is too short to experience all that it has to offer... don't you think so?

What are your dreams?

No comments: